cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registrant guest information isn't serializing in .NET SDK Registrant object

Occasional Advisor

Registrant guest information isn't serializing in .NET SDK Registrant object

We're trying to retrieve guest information through the Registrant object using v2 API and EventSpotService.GetRegistrant method of the .NET SDK.  We've confirmed that the API GET call for a specified Registrant is providing the data for the guests using the API tester, but none of the guest data is available on the serialized Registrant object.  For example, the collection of Guest objects (GuestSections property) for a registrant is null even though the Guest Count for that registrant is 1 or more.

Also, and probably related:

• The Guest object only has GuestId and GuestsInfo string properties, which doesn't reflect the structure of the API result which has guest names and custom fields as a collection.  
  • The Guest Count on a Registrant retrieved using GetRegistrant is 0 even when that count is 1 or more for the same registrant retrieved using EventSpotService.GetAllRegistrants.

Are the Registrant and Guest object implementations in the .NET SDK correct?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Registrant guest information isn't serializing in .NET SDK Registrant object

This looks like an oversight on our side, guests are not fully implemented.  When we did our release to provide a richer guest data set, the C# wrapper was not updated to reflect these changes.  Will get this in our backlog to have it added to the SDK.  Thanks for pointing this out!

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Advisor

Re: Registrant guest information isn't serializing in .NET SDK Registrant object

Thank you for the update. Can you provide an approximate timeline for when these changes will be completed?

I don't have any timing updates to share right now.  This is in our backlog but has not been scheduled for a sprint to complete. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Ok - any updates you can provide would be appreciated.

Note that the Registrant Sections serialization doesn't appear to be implemented, either.  We are unable to retrieve custom fields like BUSINESS_COMPANY or BUSINESS_JOB_TITLE through the .NET API wrapper.  The Registrant.Sections collection property is always null.

Hello,

I was hoping there would be an update for when this fix will be scheduled.  Can you please provide this information.

Thank you

Occasional Advisor

I would also appreciate an update as it seems the .NET SDK does not fully support the Constant Contact API, as also observed in this post.  With our concurrence, our client made a decision to integrate their application with Constant Contact under the assumption the .NET SDK fully supported the CC API.  It wasn't until we were well into development that incomplete feature implementations were encountered, and requests to have them completed are now several months old with no resolution. 

Honored Contributor

Hello,

At present I unfrotunately do not have an update on the status of this. I will be having a conversation with Dave Berard (who posted above) to see if we can prioritize this work. I did a good deal of investigation into what would be needed to implement this properly in the .NET SDK today, so I am hopeful that we may be able to deliver this soon.

I will post here again as soon as I have an update!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I've spent some additional time working on this today and found some helpful info:

• When you are getting registrant info from the Event Registrants Collection, the guest information is not included in the API response. This is primarily because the content of the response could be exceptionally long, as each registrant is capable of having tens of guests if an event is configured to allow that.
  • If you request the details for an individual registrant by ID, then the guest information will be returned, and will also be serialized in the .NET SDK. I have thus far only tested this on the current version of the SDK, but I am also happy to help look into any issues that you may be having with an older version.
  • Lastly, I discovered an issue in the SDK where having a large number of registrants results in the API paginating the registrants collection and the SDK is not properly configured to handle this pagination. I will be working with the team here to get this feature added in to the SDK in the very near future.

If you have any questions or if your experience is different from what I've described, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer