Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.
We're trying to retrieve guest information through the Registrant object using v2 API and EventSpotService.GetRegistrant method of the .NET SDK. We've confirmed that the API GET call for a specified Registrant is providing the data for the guests using the API tester, but none of the guest data is available on the serialized Registrant object. For example, the collection of Guest objects (GuestSections property) for a registrant is null even though the Guest Count for that registrant is 1 or more.
Also, and probably related:
Are the Registrant and Guest object implementations in the .NET SDK correct?
This looks like an oversight on our side, guests are not fully implemented. When we did our release to provide a richer guest data set, the C# wrapper was not updated to reflect these changes. Will get this in our backlog to have it added to the SDK. Thanks for pointing this out!
Thank you for the update. Can you provide an approximate timeline for when these changes will be completed?
I don't have any timing updates to share right now. This is in our backlog but has not been scheduled for a sprint to complete.
Ok - any updates you can provide would be appreciated.
Note that the Registrant Sections serialization doesn't appear to be implemented, either. We are unable to retrieve custom fields like BUSINESS_COMPANY or BUSINESS_JOB_TITLE through the .NET API wrapper. The Registrant.Sections collection property is always null.
I was hoping there would be an update for when this fix will be scheduled. Can you please provide this information.
I would also appreciate an update as it seems the .NET SDK does not fully support the Constant Contact API, as also observed in this post. With our concurrence, our client made a decision to integrate their application with Constant Contact under the assumption the .NET SDK fully supported the CC API. It wasn't until we were well into development that incomplete feature implementations were encountered, and requests to have them completed are now several months old with no resolution.
At present I unfrotunately do not have an update on the status of this. I will be having a conversation with Dave Berard (who posted above) to see if we can prioritize this work. I did a good deal of investigation into what would be needed to implement this properly in the .NET SDK today, so I am hopeful that we may be able to deliver this soon.
I will post here again as soon as I have an update!
I've spent some additional time working on this today and found some helpful info:
If you have any questions or if your experience is different from what I've described, please let me know!