The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Remove Contact Company Name and Job Title using Bulk Activities - Import Contacts Multipart Endpoint

Highlighted

Remove Contact Company Name and Job Title using Bulk Activities - Import Contacts Multipart Endpoint

Hi,

I am updating the existing contacts using the API - Import Contacts Multipart Endpoint (https://api.constantcontact.com/v2/activities/addcontacts)

some of the existing contacts have Company Name and Job Title. using the above API i want to remove those values or empty those values. how can i achieve this.i tried to put the empty string value but it is not updating. below is the content in my text file.

EMAIL,FIRST NAME,Last Name,Job Title,Home Phone
abcd@xyz.com,Jhon,Resig,,12345678

also i tried the below one but it is not working.

EMAIL,FIRST NAME,Last Name,Job Title,Home Phone
abcd@xyz.com,Jhon,Resig,'',12345678

can someone please help me.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Remove Contact Company Name and Job Title using Bulk Activities - Import Contacts Multipart Endp

Hello,

Unfortunately what you're looking to accomplish is not possible with the bulk import API. The back-end system that processes these imports strictly functions as an add&update, and will ignore empty fields to prevent unintentional deletion of data. For reference, a field that contains only whitespace is considered to be empty.

If you need to remove details from a contact via the API, then the best method that's available is to use the indidivual contact endpoints.

If you have any questions or if I can provide any information, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured