We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Remove Contact Company Name and Job Title using Bulk Activities - Import Contacts Multipart Endpoint

First-NameL5213
Participant

Remove Contact Company Name and Job Title using Bulk Activities - Import Contacts Multipart Endpoint

Hi,

I am updating the existing contacts using the API - Import Contacts Multipart Endpoint (https://api.constantcontact.com/v2/activities/addcontacts)

some of the existing contacts have Company Name and Job Title. using the above API i want to remove those values or empty those values. how can i achieve this.i tried to put the empty string value but it is not updating. below is the content in my text file.

EMAIL,FIRST NAME,Last Name,Job Title,Home Phone
abcd@xyz.com,Jhon,Resig,,12345678

also i tried the below one but it is not working.

EMAIL,FIRST NAME,Last Name,Job Title,Home Phone
abcd@xyz.com,Jhon,Resig,'',12345678

can someone please help me.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Elijah_G

Hello,

Unfortunately what you're looking to accomplish is not possible with the bulk import API. The back-end system that processes these imports strictly functions as an add&update, and will ignore empty fields to prevent unintentional deletion of data. For reference, a field that contains only whitespace is considered to be empty.

If you need to remove details from a contact via the API, then the best method that's available is to use the indidivual contact endpoints.

If you have any questions or if I can provide any information, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page