The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Removing from / adding to contacts lists

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Removing from / adding to contacts lists

I'm using the REST api to add and remove contacts from contact lists. I have everything working just fine, with one rather strange caveat: The first time I try to update a contact's lists, they end up removed from all lists on Constant Contact. When I execute the request again, with exactly the same data, the contact lists 'take,' and they are added to / removed from those I passed in. I've made certain that the XML passed in in each instance is identical. Anyone encountered this before?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

update contacts puts them in removed

Hello,

As long as you are putting in the Contact Lists when you do the PUT, it should not remove them.  Can you show me the XML that you are using when you do the initial PUT request that updates the contacts?

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured