cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested API no longer exists

SOLVED

Requested API no longer exists

Within the last couple months I've recently taken charge over a website which has been running for a couple years now. I've recently gotten complaints that our email signup is not working - though I'm not completely sure how long its been down.

Previously, we were directing our request to http://api.constantcontact.com/0.1/API_AddSiteVisitor.jsp for adding contacts to our list. This now receives an error 410 and the message: "The requested api no longer exists."

From my searches, I find that this api version was from 2009 (5 years older than the website itself!) O.o

Was that API recently removed? What would be the best way to update this request url to add contacts?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Requested API no longer exists

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

Our original API v0.1 was retired, and the Join My Mailing List and/or Unsubscribe features on your website have since stopped working. But don't worry! You can get updated versions of these forms and keep collecting contacts from your website.

Here are the steps to get the embedded sign-up form from your Constant Contact account. Click Here

If you would like to create your own sign-up form you can check out or newest API v2 and see what other options are available to you. Click Here

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Re: Requested API no longer exists

Just thought I'd mention, the information that helped me the most was located here.

Thanks