The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Retrieving Partner ID & whether trial / paid account

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Retrieving Partner ID & whether trial / paid account

Is it possible to determine via the current API if a user has been signed up under a specific Partner ID (more specifically - mine) and whether or not the user's account is a 60 day trial account, an expired trial account or an active paid account?

Reason for questions - in case there are other alternatives - invetigating the possibility of including the following in a software solution that

a) would require any kind of active CC account

b) limit functionality if a "trial account

c) provide differnet options based on the "sign-up" partner ID - more specifically, <mine> or <not mine>

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Retrieving Partner ID & whether trial / paid account

Hi Karl,

We'd actually want to talk to you so that we can take a look at how your partnership is set up. In some cases, you can use our newer API endpoints to get the accounts under your partnership and their statuses. We don't have the ability to tell you how many days are left in a trial yet through the API. Also, looking at c), if the user grants access to your application, you can still use our normal API to get account details for them, but you won't be able to view the account under your partnership (since it's not under your partnership). 

Feel free to email us at webservices@constantcontact.com to let us know your partner name, and we can get in touch with you and take a look at your partnership setup. Here's how you might set this up.

a) Use the user privileges endpoint to see if the user has access to send an email (campaign:send). If so, it's an active account.

b) Use the partner account management endpoint to get accounts under the partnership, and their statuses.

c) Check if a specific account exists in your partnership or not by using the account management endpoint again. 

Of course, I'm sure there is a logic path other than the above that's better and doesn't require calling the same endpoint twice; I just wanted to address your goals.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured