cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We want to be here for you when you need us! Today, Saturday 01/19, support will be open 10:00 am - 8 pm ET. Check out our help center for all the ways to get in touch with us.

Retrieving phone numbers in the response from GET contacts

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Retrieving phone numbers in the response from GET contacts

I'm not receiving the phone_number in the response message from the contacts endpoint in your v3 api.  Is there any reason why that isn't exposed to me and is there a way to expose that if required?  

My ConstantContact Entry 

Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 10.13.53 PM.png

The corresponding API Response

{"contact_id":"ce....","email_address":{"address":"remmington@steele.com","permission_to_send":"implicit","created_at":"2018-11-04T22:13:46-05:00","updated_at":"2018-11-04T22:13:46-05:00","opt_in_source":"Account","opt_in_date":"2018-11-04T22:13:46-05:00","confirm_status":"off"},"first_name":"Remmington","last_name":"Steele","job_title":"private investigator","company_name":"British Parliament","update_source":"Account","create_source":"Account","created_at":"2018-11-04T22:13:45-05:00","updated_at":"2018-11-04T22:13:45-05:00"}

2 REPLIES

Re: Retrieving phone numbers in the response from GET contacts

Hi @DomD0,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

When using the v3 API please keep in mind that certain parts of the contact profile are considered a sub resource and need to be called specifically to see that data. The phone number is one of those resources. I do not see your call so I cannot say if you are requesting the phone number sub resource or not.

Here is a link to the sub resource section of our documentation for reference. https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/contacts_subresources.html

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Occasional Visitor

Re: Retrieving phone numbers in the response from GET contacts

I wasn’t aware of the subresouexd documentation. I’m certain this will resolve my issue. Thanks!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!