cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving phone numbers in the response from GET contacts

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Retrieving phone numbers in the response from GET contacts

I'm not receiving the phone_number in the response message from the contacts endpoint in your v3 api.  Is there any reason why that isn't exposed to me and is there a way to expose that if required?  

My ConstantContact Entry 

Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 10.13.53 PM.png

The corresponding API Response

{"contact_id":"ce....","email_address":{"address":"remmington@steele.com","permission_to_send":"implicit","created_at":"2018-11-04T22:13:46-05:00","updated_at":"2018-11-04T22:13:46-05:00","opt_in_source":"Account","opt_in_date":"2018-11-04T22:13:46-05:00","confirm_status":"off"},"first_name":"Remmington","last_name":"Steele","job_title":"private investigator","company_name":"British Parliament","update_source":"Account","create_source":"Account","created_at":"2018-11-04T22:13:45-05:00","updated_at":"2018-11-04T22:13:45-05:00"}

2 REPLIES

Re: Retrieving phone numbers in the response from GET contacts

Hi @DomD0,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

When using the v3 API please keep in mind that certain parts of the contact profile are considered a sub resource and need to be called specifically to see that data. The phone number is one of those resources. I do not see your call so I cannot say if you are requesting the phone number sub resource or not.

Here is a link to the sub resource section of our documentation for reference. https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/contacts_subresources.html

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Occasional Visitor

Re: Retrieving phone numbers in the response from GET contacts

I wasn’t aware of the subresouexd documentation. I’m certain this will resolve my issue. Thanks!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!