The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Returning 200,000 contacts Causes Page to load forever

Highlighted

Returning 200,000 contacts Causes Page to load forever

I have implemented the example API code to pull a list of our contacts into a C# .NET Gridview. It has worked 1 time but now everytime I click the button on my page "Show Constant Contact Users", the page authenticates and then shows the Internet Exploere page loading status bar and it just loads forever. Anyone know what the problem may be. We have 200,000 plus users in the database. howveer, I am using the exmaple C# code from the contstant contacts exmaple code. So I know the code is correct.

This appears to be where the code never returns a result:

void GetContactCollection()try string nextChunk;string.IsNullOrEmpty(CurrentChunk)Utility.GetContactCollection(AuthenticationData, out nextChunk)Utility.GetContactCollection(AuthenticationData, CurrentChunk, out nextChunk);// update chunk links

UpdateChunkLinks();

GridView1.DataSource = List;

GridView1.DataBind();

}

{

catch (ConstantException ce)

#region

stringBuilder.Append(

stringBuilder.AppendFormat(

stringBuilder.Append(

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(

display alert messageStringBuilder stringBuilder = new StringBuilder();@"<script language='javascript'>");@"alert('{0}')", ce.Message);@"</script>");typeof (Page), "AlertMessage", stringBuilder.ToString());

#endregion

}

}

{

{

List =

?

:

NextChunk = nextChunk;

private

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Retrieving Contacts

Hello,

Are you currently attempting to retrieve all contacts in one session? Or are you simply trying to retrieve a chunk of 50 and the link to the next set of contacts?

Andrew T

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured