SMTP Server Logs from Constant Contact

Highlighted
Regular Participant

SMTP Server Logs from Constant Contact

What is the format of the SMTP server log files that we can obtain from constant contact?

The topic of SMTP server logs came up in my original post here about obtaining complete history information of a campaign that has run.

My question here is - What is the format of the SMTP server log files that we can obtain from constant contact? Form the response from Dave B - Constant Contact, it seems that the email address(es) and the campaign(s) are parameters that will drive a particular log file request.

If someone has a log file that they have requested in the past or if someone from constant contact can respond with the header row of this SMTP log file, that would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance,

Moiz Tankiwala PMP

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi Moiz,   The format varies

Hi Moiz,

The format varies based on the responding servers format.  Each one will just be the actual SMTP connection request and response code/message from the server.  These must be pulled by our Technical Support group and are available only upon request.  If this is something you need, you can send and email to our webservices support team and we can pull the logs for you.  Please note, you have to have a sent campaign in order for us to provide the logs and a sample.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted

Re: Hi Moiz,   The format varies

Can you also provide us with the link to request this report? The link above is not working. Thank you.

Highlighted
Regular Participant

Invalid email link

Dave,

Thanks for the response. However, the link that you put in the post for sending an email is invalid. Can you please post a valid link for me to request a sample log for the email campaigns that I have sent out from my account.

Thanks,

Moiz Tankiwala PMP

Highlighted

Sorry about that Moiz,

Sorry about that Moiz, I updated the links.  Please try again now.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Regular Participant

Thanks

Thank you Dave for the updated link.

-Moiz Tankiwala PMP

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Constant Contact would like to hear from you

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured