The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

SSIS - AuthenticationData Class in ConstantContactUtility?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Advisor

SSIS - AuthenticationData Class in ConstantContactUtility?

If I remove the ref to the ConstantContactUtility dll, and add the Utility.cs which appears to contain the ConstantContactUtility namespace, the AuthenticationData class is not instantiated...

I'm creating an SSIS (c#) app and I am trying to replace the AuthenticationData class with AuthData which will read apikey, username & pwd from SQL (xml field) or flat file.

I can populate the fields but not get my new class AuthData, which is copied/refactored AuthenticationData from the ConstantContact.cs file into my AuthData.cs file, but there's something that I don't have quite right and if I could see the code for AuthenticationData class in the ConstantContactUtility perhaps I could fix my issue, did I overlook it in another cs file?

Any clues as to where I might find the Authentication Class (besides the xml decription from the dll)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: SSIS - AuthenticationData Class in ConstantContactUtility?

I sent off some code, but I've found a robust solution, when & if I have time I'll post to another thread a full solution with attached support files.

I'm now working just fine with SSIS & the API, not that I still won't have other issues, they're working fine with now few mods to adapt the upload contact project cs files to SSIS or perhaps any non-web application.

If anyone is working with SSIS and would like to use the ConstantContact .cs files a.k.a. BO & Utility +components, send me a pm when you post your question and I'll try to see if I have a quick solution for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

This class is defined in the AuthenticationData.cs file, which is in the ConstantContactUtility Project in the wrapper code.  The full implementation is in that file so you should be able to fully modify and inherit this class for your need.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Advisor

I had tried that earlier for another aspect and I found "then" the ConstantContact.cs, ContstantContact class AuthenticationData authentication, which as I posted needed the AuthenticationData.cs which just after my post I added, so kinda' sorry for my post, but...

So now I have renamed the cs file to AuthData.cs, changed the namespace to ConstantContactAuthData, changed the class to AuthData, so I have AuthData authenticationData, however I don't have something that appears to be in the ConstantContact.cs file, and my One Current Error in SSIS is... (egads I should be so lucky to only have one error)
Error 2 'ConstantContactAuthData.AuthData' does not contain a definition for 'AuthData' 

Do you know what the definition is?

Can I add something? from the ConstantContact.cs file to the AuthData.cs (formerly AuthenticationData.cs)

Highlighted

Could you email the file AuthData.cs you created to webservices@constantcontact.com so we can look at it?  Will help the trouble shooting.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Advisor

I sent off some code, but I've found a robust solution, when & if I have time I'll post to another thread a full solution with attached support files.

I'm now working just fine with SSIS & the API, not that I still won't have other issues, they're working fine with now few mods to adapt the upload contact project cs files to SSIS or perhaps any non-web application.

If anyone is working with SSIS and would like to use the ConstantContact .cs files a.k.a. BO & Utility +components, send me a pm when you post your question and I'll try to see if I have a quick solution for you.

View solution in original post

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured