The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Scheduling and Sending the same Campaign to the same list again and againt

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Scheduling and Sending the same Campaign to the same list again and againt

I would like to schedule and send the same Email Campaign to the same list again and again may be once in a day of once in every week. Is it possible to automate this process without copying the email campaign and sending it every week again and again. Will i be able to do this from my ConstantContact account or do i need to use the the API to automate the process.

Thanks & Regards,
Harika
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Scheduling and Sending the same Campaign to the same list again and againt

Hi Harika,

Unfortunately, we don't have an automated process inside accounts to copy an email and send it out at given intervals, so you would need to automate that through the API, and not within the account.

Thanks!

Shannon W.

Constant Contact Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Harika,

Unfortunately, we don't have an automated process inside accounts to copy an email and send it out at given intervals, so you would need to automate that through the API, and not within the account.

Thanks!

Shannon W.

Constant Contact Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shannon,
I need your help in scheduling a campaign.I have access to schedule the campaign.
I have to schedule the same campaign every day. For this i have generated an array of multiple schedules.
Using API I have got the details of the email campaign that i need to copy.
Now i change the name of the campaign and add it as a new one. Immediately after doing this i need to get back the campaign id so that i can schedule it.
I will repeat the same process till i finish all my schedules in the array.
So the issue now is how do i get back the campaign id immediately after adding the campaign.
Thanks,
Harika
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Harika,

The best way to do that would be to do a GET for your campaigns, right after making the copy of your email.  This page gives more information on how to do a get and post for campaigns.  

Performing a GET returns all of your campaigns, not just sent ones, so you should have no trouble performing a GET right after creating the email in Constant Contact.

Let me know if that helps!

Best Regards,

Shannon W.

Constant Contact Support

Highlighted

A simpler way to get the ID of the Campaign is by parsing the response we return after your create (POST) the Campaign.  When you create the campaign a 201 Created response is returned.  With that response we also include the full creation XML for the Campaign you just created, including the ID of that Campaign.  This would allow you to immediately use that ID to then schedule the Campaign. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured