Occasional Advisor
JNGAssociates

Join My Mailing List

Sending an email on a subscriber's birthday

i have a customer who wants to send out an email to each of his subscribers on the subscriber's birthday.

His list is about 1500 subscribers.

How can i do this for him?

Joseph Grillo
781-307-5258
jgrillo@jngassociates.com
CTCT Employee
bsoder

Re: Sending an email on a subscriber's birthday

Hello,

Currently we do not have a way in our system to automatically send an email out based on a birthday.  You could probably create something on your end where it automatically puts a contact in a "birthday" list, on their birthday, and then schedule an email to go out.  Then once the email is sent, remove them from the list.  However, this is definitely a complex work around.

I can say that our engineers are aware that many customers want this feature, and it is something that they are looking into very seriously.  I am going to add your name to the list of customers who have requested this, so that our engineers see that more and more people are interested in it.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Occasional Advisor
JNGAssociates

Join My Mailing List

I did T2 support for CTCT for 6 years.  IN the first couple years there  was a function called Birthday Reminder which did exactly what I want.  They eliminated that function  and I now wish they didn't.

Joseph Grillo
781-307-5258
jgrillo@jngassociates.com
CTCT Employee
bsoder

Hello,

While we do not currently have this implemented, I can definitely send a message to our engineers that this is something that would be helpful to our customers.

If you have any questions let me know.

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
DaveBerard
Topics: 7
Kudos: 62
Solutions: 61

There is an option that could be done using our API features (some of our partners and customers have done this already).  Using our Email Campaigns API and our Email Scheduling API (limited access, please DM for more information), you can create an integration that provides this functionality.  The flow would end up being something like this:

1. Create a custom HTML/XHTML "birthday" template using your favorite HTML design tool (make sure to test it out through the Email product to see how it looks in various email clients)

2. Use the API to create a "birthday" list - most of our customers do a monthly birthday email and not daily to keep reporting and flow simple, but that's up to you and your customer

3. Create a campaign using the HTML/XHTML you used in step one and associate it with the list you created in step 2 using the API

4. Schedule the email to be sent out on the correct date for your birthday emails (limited access API, DM me for more information)

This flow would emmulate a birthday auto-responder type feature.  This flow assumes you have the ability to filter your customers contacts based on a birthday that is stored somewhere.  Hope this helps.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Regular Visitor
BabyRobot

Has this feature been implemented yet? If not I'll try DaveBerard's method.

DaveBerard

[ Edited ]

Sorry but we still do not offer a date based autoresponder.  This method is still the best option for implementing it. 

Dave Berard
MicheleS21469

Has there been any progress in this initiative? I'm unsure of how to set up this system using the suggested method from earlier messages. Please let me know if there is an easier way.

DaveBerard

At this time we still do not offer this as a basic feature of our product.  Unfortunately, this is not something we are likely to see this year.

Dave Berard
LaurieM33

Today I was in a team meeting and the topic of client birthday greetings came up. Most of the team uses MailChimp, and the discussion revolved around designing and updating contact lists.

Having never seen a Constant Contact option for this feature, I resolved to find the correct field and to begin adding birth dates to my contact lists.

I confess myself surprised to learn Constant Contact has never added this option despite many online requests over the years.

Is there an underlying reason this function has not been added? May we anticipate its being added? Rather than switching services to add one feature, I would prefer staying with a service I have liked well. However, as a professional in a relationship-dependent field, I would like to add my voice to the many who have requested the addition of a birthday greeting function.

Thank you,

Laurie MacNaughton