The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Signup Form Error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method SimpleXMLElement::addChild()

Highlighted

Signup Form Error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method SimpleXMLElement::addChild()

I've used the signup form generator, and I'm getting the error report:  Fatal error: Call to undefined method SimpleXMLElement::addChild() in /home/www/DOMAIN/CCSFG_0.0.6/cc_class.php on line 418   (I've swapped my actual domain name for the word DOMAIN here in the example).

Any idea of the cause or solution? My web host currently has me running on PHP 5.0.3. Do I need a newer version? The documentation for the signup form generator doesn't specify the ver of PHP required.

I've asked my host to update PHP to at least 5.1.3, they tell me that at the moment the newest version available to them for update is 5.0.3, however they are submitting a ticket to their admin to see if they can get 5.2. Will 5.2 suffice? Is this even the issue, or is there another reason I'm getting this error?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Signup Form Error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method Sim

While the SimpleXML module should automatically be included with PHP 5.0 or higher,  according to the PHP Documentation at http://www.php.net/manual/en/simplexmlelement.addchild.php, it looks like the addChild() function would require at least version 5.1.3. I have not tested this on PHP 5.0.3, but I will see is I can deploy this version of PHP somewhere and do some further testing.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured