Simple sign up form action API url and structure?

Participant

Simple sign up form action API url and structure?

I'm just in need of a simple thing really and I'm surprised I can't find info on it.

I have this form:

<form action="#" method="post">
                    <p><input type="text" name="email" value="Newsletter Sign Up..." /><input class="submit" type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" /></p>
                </form>

All I need is the API URL to send a contact to and add it. I looked at the custom constant contact thing but that's overkill and too involved to get into at the moment (I'm in a time crunch :/ ). 

Most other api urls just require certian peramaters to pass through.

A link is fine if one exists, I don't need a hand out but if I can avoid getting involved in anything more complicated it would be greatly helpful.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Employee

Hey,

Currently we do not provide a parameter value to be passed through to our JMML.  We do not allow this as it would cause security issues.  You may want to take a look at our CCSFG which you can find here.  You do need to be running PHP but it would reduce the amount of programming you would have to do. 

Let me know if this helps.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Occasional Participant

Like the original poster there, I'm in a crunch. Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I don't see a config.php file included in that zip file. I'm assuming that it's just because I'm going through tons of stuff in a short amount of time.

The config.php file is automatically generated when you run the script the first time.  It will take you through a wizard flow to configure your installation and then generate the config.php file with your selections from the wizard flow.  Then, if you want to manually make any changes, you can modify the config.php file directly.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

Ok. I found that my server permissions were giving me an error that I couldn't open the config.php before. Now that it's been corrected, things are only marginally better though. Check out this screenshot. I'm getting nothing from this wizard.

Screenshot.png

This appears to be failing during the doServerCall function. 

I think I got it now. I needed to install CURL. I guess that's what I get setting this up on a new development machine. ;)

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page