The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

So lost - Just need an HTML signup form...

Highlighted

So lost - Just need an HTML signup form...

I've designed a website for a store who uses CC as their email list provider. I already had a form designed and set up on the site, I generated the code using the wizard in CC and put the parts of the code in the HTML to make the signup form work. It works, but I don't understand why the contact needs to enter their email address on our website first, then when they hit "go" it takes them to the CC webpage where they have to reenter their email address AGAIN.

So I thought going through this developer site would be a way to correct that action so they either don't need to leave the site (not hugely important as long as there can be a way to link them back to the site) or at least make it so when they enter their email address on our website and click "go" that at least they won't need to enter it again on another page. However, all I'm seeing is info on PHP and other languages I have no idea about.

Did I just mess something up when I added the code to the form originally and they should not need to re-enter their email address after hitting "go" or is that just how CC works? I think this will frustrate a lot of people trying to sign up.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Sign up form

Hello,

If you are not able to use a web scripting language to integrate with Constant Contact, we still do offer alternatives to having a sign up form. The easiest way to get a signup form on your site would be to use our Join My Mailing List form, which you can get by logging into Constant Contact and going to the Contacts tab, then under that click on Join My Mailing List.

The Join My Mailing List form does, however, take you off of your site, but then gives you the ability to link them back to your site once they sign up.

If you do not have much programming experience but still would like a custom sign up form, you can try to use the Custom Signup Form. This form does require you to have your webpage to be on a server that has PHP installed, but you do not really need to know PHP to set it up. If you would like to go with this method but have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

It also might be useful to try our Marketplace. We list people who have shown interest in helping people integrate sites with Constant Contact, and may be able to help you integrate yours with a custom sign up form. The people listed on the Marketplace are third party vendors, and may charge additional fees.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Highlighted

PHP based custom signup form not working for me

I'm sure this is a useful tool for some people, but (for some of us), it requires jumping through hoops to get PHP installed and proper IIS permissions on our work machines.  I am actually technically capable, but would really appreciate a simple HTML sample of a 'new sign up' form with all the form fields.  This would be easy to modify and trim as needed.  Is there a simple one page html sample of such a form???

Highlighted
Employee

Join My Mailing List Form

Hello,

I definetly understand that using the PHP form generator is not an option. What you are asking for should be avaiable with our Join My Mailing List Form. I did some testing with our form and it does not appear that it should be asking for the email address twice, unless you have that option checked. When you first type in the email address in the form, it should make a popup window, that is our site, where it asks you for the rest of the information (such as First Name, Last Name, etc.)

If it is asking you for the address twice, please go back to the Join My Mailing List Wizard, by clicking on the Contacts tab in your account, and then click on "Edit Join My Mailing List Form". If you click on "Options" tab on the left, you will see an option to whether to require the contacts to enter their email address again or not. Once you uncheck that option, it should no longer ask for the email address twice.

If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Highlighted

You can see some examples of

You can see some examples of HTML and PHP forms at php form tutorial. Maybe it will help 

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured