cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify smtp server in web.config

Specify smtp server in web.config

Hi,

I'm working on a asp.net application and I'd like to know is it possible to specify the smtp server information in web.config file as follows and use the standard System.Net.Mail .net library to send the emails? If yes, please specify the smtp server name and port number.

<system.net>

<mailSettings>
        <smtp deliveryMethod="network">
            <network
                host="constantcontact-smtp-name"
                port="port-number"
                defaultCredentials="false"
                userName="my-username"
                 password="my-password" />
        </smtp>
    </mailSettings>

</system.net>

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Specify smtp server in web.config

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the API Support team here at Constant Contact.

Unfortunately that's not something I can provide as Constant Contact is not set up to send email direclty via SMTP. We balance the sending of emails in a way that does not allow for this approach. Basically, we have far more than one mail server, and we can't directly access any of them through a username and password. Our system is designed for you to create email campaigns using our templates or your own HTML code, but they are sent from our server and authenticated as such.

If you are looking to create and send custom emails through Constant Contact, you could use our API to create and schedule custom HTML emails with a Constant Contact account. If you wish to go this route, you can find complete documentation on our API at http://developer.constantcontact.com

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Sincerely,
David B.
API Support Engineer