In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/18) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET. Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

Still getting json.min.items.violation for new contact

SOLVED
Go to solution

Still getting json.min.items.violation for new contact

I'm getting the following error when attempting to add a new contact with no lists.

json.min.items.violation#/lists: 0 items were contained, but the minimum number of items allowed is 1.

I read realease notes for the Aug, 2013 patch, and it said this issue was fixed, but yet I'm still getting the error. 

I'm using the V2 Java API, but This seems more like a server side issue since the error is in the response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Cate,

Right now, there isn't a way to directly add a contact through the API without adding them to a list.

You can add a contact to the removed list by first adding the contact, and then updating them in a PUT request to be on no lists.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The bug was only on an update (PUT) request to change the Contact.  When creating a Contact (POST) request, there is still a minimum of 1 list required.  That is not a defect, it is intentional at this time.  We may in the future relax that requirement once we have finished migrating all of our customers to our new Contact Management system and can support contacts without lists being created. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

Ok, that explains the error.  Is there a way to add a contact without adding it to a list?   Does the Removed list have an ID?

Hi Cate,

Right now, there isn't a way to directly add a contact through the API without adding them to a list.

You can add a contact to the removed list by first adding the contact, and then updating them in a PUT request to be on no lists.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page