Whe we loged in application we can send mail directly with help of "Test Email option". Please find my step;-
1. After logging into Constant Contact, click Email > My Emails.
2. Select the email you want to preview by clicking the email name link.
* The Emails Details page displays for a sent email
* The Schedule page displays for a draft email
3. Click the thumbnail template image on the left-hand side.
4. In the Email Addresses box in the left pane, add up to 5 email addresses, separated by commas (no space required), to continue the process of sending a test email.
5. Click Send.
This same functiolity can we do with help of contact Constant API?
At this time there really is no way to see a preview, or test email, of a Constant Contact email without actually logging into the UI, which would require the username and password. One work around that I can see for this at the moment would be to do a full send to a test list when you would like to see a preview before the sends. However, this is not really meant to be used like this, and there is about a 10 minute wait for the full send to go out.
If you have any more questions about this let me know.
My requirment like, We have application and user will registered once they are registered I want to send them a mail.which should be triggered from constant contact API or SDK, without scheduling. Means I need event based mail triggering. Can we do with constant contact API ?
Yes, you can do that with our API. You would set up autoresponder emails for contacts. This page has more information about how to trigger autoresponders at the bottom of the page (I pasted a portion of it below).
Contacts who are added with "ACTION_BY_CONTACT" receive a welcome email. This value *CAN ONLY* be used if the contact is being added as a direct result of an action by the contact themselves (ie they are adding themselves via apublic web form). Contacts who are added with "ACTION_BY_CONTACT" will receive AutoResponder sequences.
This tutorial goes over how to set up autoresponders in an account (through the UI).
I hope that helps!