The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Test email functionality with help of API

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Test email functionality with help of API

Hi,

Whe we loged in application we can send mail directly with help of "Test Email option". Please find my step;-

1. After logging into Constant Contact, click Email > My Emails.
2. Select the email you want to preview by clicking the email name link.
* The Emails Details page displays for a sent email
* The Schedule page displays for a draft email
3. Click the thumbnail template image on the left-hand side.
4. In the Email Addresses box in the left pane, add up to 5 email addresses, separated by commas (no space required), to continue the process of sending a test email.
5. Click Send.

This same functiolity can we do with help of contact Constant API?

Thanks 

Nishant

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Test email functionality with help of API

Hi Nishant,

At this time there really is no way to see a preview, or test email, of a Constant Contact email without actually logging into the UI, which would require the username and password. One work around that I can see for this at the moment would be to do a full send to a test list when you would like to see a preview before the sends. However, this is not really meant to be used like this, and there is about a 10 minute wait for the full send to go out.

If you have any more questions about this let me know.

Regards,

Shannon W. 

API Support

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

My requirment like, We have application and user will registered once they are registered I want to  send them a mail.which should be triggered from constant contact  API or SDK, without scheduling. Means I need event based mail triggering. Can we do with constant contact  API ?

Highlighted
Employee

Hi Nishant,

Yes, you can do that with our API.  You would set up autoresponder emails for contacts.  This page has more information about how to trigger autoresponders at the bottom of the page (I pasted a portion of it below).

Contacts who are added with "ACTION_BY_CONTACT" receive a welcome email. This value *CAN ONLY* be used if the contact is being added as a direct result of an action by the contact themselves (ie they are adding themselves via apublic web form). Contacts who are added with "ACTION_BY_CONTACT" will receive AutoResponder sequences.

This tutorial goes over how to set up autoresponders in an account (through the UI).

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Shannon W.

API Support

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured