Testing application with polluting my live account

SOLVED
Go to solution
Occasional Participant

Testing application with polluting my live account

I am writing an application that will allow customers to sign up for my various email lists and retain their contact information. My state requires I collect contact information for all sales over $100 so I want to get this right. I believe I have the basic functions working for existing contacts, I just verify they are in your system and if they are there they don't need to provide anything. Now I need to test adding a new customer or updating the information for an existing user. I don't see any way to test my contact management system interface without creating a bunch of garbage email addresses in my live system.

Is there a best practice for testing? Do you have a test environment that doesn't actually send email but allows testing the API's? I don't do bulk operations just single contact adds or updates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately we don't have a sandbox for developers today.  The best option would be to create a free trial, test out your integration with the free trial and when your testing is complete, switch to adding the information to your paid account.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Unfortunately we don't have a sandbox for developers today.  The best option would be to create a free trial, test out your integration with the free trial and when your testing is complete, switch to adding the information to your paid account.

Dave Berard

View solution in original post

Occasional Participant

Seems odd to create a fake account for testing but it will work for me. Contact Contact should consider a sandbox account that does not actually send emails or provide real value just for testing.

Definitely will take that feedback.  It is something we've looked at and are just not able to provide right now.  When we are able to, will make sure to update developers in our newsletter and techblog.

Dave Berard

Is there a sandbox now?

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not have a sandbox available. We have discussed the possibility of adding this, but it is unfortunately not something that we have been able to do thus far. Currently the best solution is to create an extra free trial account for testing.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page