The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an invalid API key was used.

StampWithCandi
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm using Bloom (third party software by Elegant Themes) on my blog to allow visitors to join my email list. When I initially set it up, all was working well. Bloom connected to Constant Contact because I can see my various lists in the plugin. And, I was able to subscribe to my email list with one of the test addresses and get the welcome letter.

Something changed. No one can subscribe because of this error :"

The Mashery account associated with this request is not active, or an invalid API key was used."

I've searched Google and this help forum and the answers don't help because I am not writing code. I need to set up the api key and token in the Bloom plug-in. But, I don't know how to find the api token that was set up initially and how to get a token.

3 REPLIES 3
Courtney_E
Employee

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Below is a link to documentation on how to obtain an API Key and Access Token along with documentation on how to implement that information into the Bloom plugin.

How to generate an API Key and Access Token:

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Community-News/How-to-generate-an-API-Key-and-Access-Token/...

Constant Contact and Bloom

https://www.elegantthemes.com/documentation/bloom/accounts/

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
StefanieM5425
Rookie
0 Votes

I am here currently with a similar issue.... this is the only thread that came up when I did a Google search.  I am simply trying to implement the "Subscribe Form" in WordPress (I use Beaver Builder if it matters), which allows me to select who my list is with, so I chose Constant Contact.  It then asked me for the API key and Access Token.
So... I managed to get my API key on developer.constantcontact.com but I don't have an "Access Token".  I also have a "Client Secret", which is apparently not the same thing, since it doesn't work.  So... How do I find my Access Token?  The link you gave above to community.constantcontact......* sends me to https://constantcontact.mashery.com/io-docs once I have an API Token, and says to type it into there and click "Get Access Token" --- but when I do that, it tells me my API key is invalid!  Huh?  I'm confused :frown:

Hello StefanieM5425 ,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

It sounds like you are trying to use a 3rd-party app that is asking you for an API Key. Usually an application developer will generate their own API Key that lets their app integrate with Constant Contact, however some developers require you to provide them with an API Key. Since this process was designed to be done by the app developers themselves, it can be confusing for end users to find or generate this information.

If you are using an integration that is asking for an API Key and Access token, you will need a legacy V2 API key, which is different from the V3 API keys generated via the Developer Portal, and not cross compatible. We have two different versions of our API, so the steps you take to generate an API key will depend on what version of our API the integration you are looking to connect with uses, as they are created through different platforms.

If the app you are using is asking you to also provide an “Access Token” with your API key, then it most likely utilizes our legacy V2 API, and you'd want to follow the steps at the following link instead:

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Community-News/How-to-generate-an-API-Key-and-Access-Token/...

*You will need to create a Mashery login for V2, as it does not use the same UN/PW as your Constant Contact account

However, if the app you are using is asking you for an API Key and Secret, then it most likely utilizes our V3 API (the key that you generated). You can find the steps to create a new application by clicking to expand the section “How do I Get an API Key?” at this link:

https://developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/faqs_manage_applications.html

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.