The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

The requested URL returned error: 400

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

We have a batch of client e-mail blasts going out today and one in particular always errors out with the following message:

I am attaching the XML that we are sending to the Campaigns endpoint. I have verified that the List ID exists as well as the Email ID's for the From and ReplyTo. I am not sure what else to check. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: The requested URL returned error: 400

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this! After reviewing the contents of your email, the reason that you received the 400 error was because the email contained characters that are not in the ISO-8859-1 character set that Constant Contact uses for our email campaigns. 

In this case, the culprit was two instances of the character '€'. The best way to resolve this is to take characters that are not part of the character set and encode that as HTML entities so that they can be still be sent, and will be rendered on the client. For this specific character, the corresponding HTML entity is '€'.

As a side note, I removed the attachment from your post, as it contained some sensitive information that it would be better not to have available on a public forum such as this.

If you do have any questions, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured