cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is a bug in your system

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

There is a bug in your system

I am a developer using your API. While using your API I found some weird behaviour. Either i'm missing something or this is probably a bug into your app. Suppose I use your API to add a contact into a contact list. Then I log into your app and click on contacts tab and delete the contact which I added from the API. After deleting the contact I again make an API call to add contact with the same email id parameter I used before. Unfortunately this shows error "http.status.email_address.conflict" "email address already exist", but in reality there is no contact having that email address which I used as a parameter while making an API call. Please fix it.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: There is a bug in your system

Hi,

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. This isn't a bug; this is working as intended. Even if a contact is deleted, once an email address has been in the account, it must be updated through the API, not added as if it were new (with a POST request).

This is the reason that the contact signup examples in our SDK's all make a GET request to see if the email address has been in the account, and then either add or update the contact based on the response from the API. If a contact is found with that email address (which it will be, even if it's deleted), the contact is updated.

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer

Occasional Visitor

Thank you for the reply,
I already figured it out.

What if someone wants to completely wipe out the entries from the system even the email address?

CTCT Employee

Hi,

There isn't a way to do that, even for us. If you wanted to wipe the slate clean, you'd need to create a new Constant Contact account (and cancel the old one, presumably).

Best Regards,

Shannon Wallace

Partner API Support Engineer