The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Unable to add contacts to List - via API

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Unable to add contacts to List - via API

Our API code that lets web users add to subscription list suddenly started giving this following error. Kindly HELP. I am unable to figure out. API key and Access Token are working on the  https://constantcontact.mashery.com/io-docs

I did not change anything in last 2 months.. below is error text..

at CTCT.Services.ListService.GetList(String listId) in C:\Development\.net-sdk-master\.net-sdk-master\CTCTWrapper\Services\ListService.cs:line 95
   at CCHelper.addSubscriber(String fullName, String email, String cclistname, String sourceDetails, Boolean actionByVisitor) in C:\JKYOG_CDrive\bg_dev_projmulti_lingual\bhagavadgita\bhagavadgita\Helper\CCHelper.cs:line 92
   at bhagavadgita.Controllers.VoDController.Subscribe(String fullName, String email, String emailList, String sourceDetails) in C:\JKYOG_CDrive\bg_dev_projmulti_lingual\bhagavadgita\bhagavadgita\Controllers\VoDController.cs:line 52
ERROR 2019-03-10 05:04:47,838 1934083ms VoDController          Subscribe          - Exception in adding subscriber: fullName = AA BBBB, email = a123@outlook.com, emailList = VERSE_OF_DAY, sourceDetails = https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/2/verse/20
CTCT.Exceptions.CtctException: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown. ---> System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
   at CTCT.Util.RawApiResponse.Get[T]() in C:\Development\.net-sdk-master\.net-sdk-master\CTCTWrapper\Util\RawApiResponse.cs:line 86
   at CTCT.Services.ListService.GetList(String listId) in C:\Development\.net-sdk-master\.net-sdk-master\CTCTWrapper\Services\ListService.cs:line 90

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Unable to add contacts to List - via API

I too have seen the same issue. Let me know if you get any solution. Will let you know if I get the solution.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

This now solved by updating .NET app's web.config targetFramework to 4.6 from 4.5. Something to do with TLS 1.2 may be . (Also made changes to registry to enable TLS 1.2 but that did not seem to work)

<system.web>
<compilation targetFramework="4.6" />
<httpRuntime targetFramework="4.6" />
</system.web>

Highlighted

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

In August 2018 we announced that our API Key provider (Mashery) would no longer be supporting TLS 1.0/1.1 due to security issues. The official support of TLS 1.0/1.1 stopped in September of 2018, and as of 3/5/19 at around 10am EST our provider began to actively block any secure connection that was not TLS 1.2. If this timeframe lines up with when these errors began, it is safe to say this is the cause of this issue.

The most details we have are available in our tech blog post about the change: https://techblog.constantcontact.com/api/support-ending-for-tls-1-0-immediate-action-required/

Because each web server and application is different, I'm not able to provide you with detailed steps on how to ensure everything on your server is up to date, but it sounds like you managed to find a solution that works for you.

Sincerely,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured