The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Unable to connect to remote server error while using ASP.NET API

Highlighted

Unable to connect to remote server error while using ASP.NET API

I am attempting to set up a custom form on an ASP.NET web site to submit new contacts to a Constant Contact account.  I downloaded the ASP.NET API, and everything seems to work just fine until it tries to connect to the remote server and authenticate.  In debug mode, Visual Studio shows the error "unable to connect to the remote server"; when not running in debug mode, ASP.NET gives a lslightly more detailed (but not very helpful) error message:

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 208.75.122.62:443"

The line of code triggering this error is (I checked the AuthenticationData object in debug and it appears to have all the correct values):

Dim list As IList(Of Contact) = Utility.SearchContactByEmail(AuthenticationData, emailAddress, nextChunkId)

Any suggestions for resovling this issue would be most appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

firewall

This can often be caused by a firewall on your end, and can most likely be resolved by modifying proxy settings. Please take a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.httpwebrequest.proxy.aspx for some more information regarding this. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured