Unresolved Issue From September - Add Contacts Bulk API Error Code

Regular Participant

Unresolved Issue From September - Add Contacts Bulk API Error Code

Hi -

Not sure why but I haven't received an email back from webservices@constantcontact.com on this since September (emails sent to address above on 9/26, 11/18, and 11/25 in reply to original response from your team).  Originally posted to forums in September.

I am getting a 400 Bad Request error when trying to add contacts via the Add Contacts Bulk API.  The json returned is "[{"error_key":"query.param.invalid","error_message":"The query parameter  is not supported."}]".  (Note: there are two spaces between "parameter" and "is not" if that helps).

Any thoughts on what may cause this error?  Even if it is a list of possible causes I could try each to try and debug.

I have used the suggested validation tools to ensure the JSON is valid.  I can of course send a sample.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Regular Participant

Hello - 

Any help would be greatly appreciated - have most of what we are trying to integrate done - just trying to get the bulk upload of new contacts to work.  

Trying to use the "Add Contacts Bulk API"...

HTTP POST to "https://api.constantcontact.com/v2/activities/addcontacts?&api_key=XXX"

Included header variables:

Authorization ("Bearer" + AccessToken)

X-Originating-IP (IP Address)  -- have added and removed this - doesn't seem required here

Content-Type ("application/json")

Body = the JSON payload  (validated as valid JSON with jsonLint) - sample below:

{
"import_data": [
{
"email_addresses": [
"example1@sssrweb.org"
],
"first_name": "Bob",
"last_name": "Smith",
"custom_fields": [
{
"name": "Custom Field 1",
"value": "3091"
}
]
},
{
"email_addresses": [
"example2@sssrweb.org"
],
"first_name": "Joe",
"last_name": "Smith",
"custom_fields": [
{
"name": "Custom Field 1",
"value": "6959"
}
]
}

],
"lists": [
"3"
],
"column_names": [
"EMAIL",
"FIRST NAME",
"LAST NAME",
"Custom Field 1"
]
}

Response from api:  "[{"error_key":"query.param.invalid","error_message":"The query parameter is not supported."}]"

Thank you!

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page