cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a Contact's email address then changing it back to original sets status to OPTOUT

Updating a Contact's email address then changing it back to original sets status to OPTOUT

Hi,

I've been playing around with the Constant Contact API v2 and I've noticed an odd issue happening.

If i have a Contact in the system, for example email1@example.com, then I make a PUT Contact call to update it to email2@example.com it updates correctly. The email is changed and the Contact's status is still ACTIVE.

When I make another PUT Contact call and change the email from email2@example.com back to email1@example.com, the status of the Contact is changed to OPTOUT.

The Contact is not actually opted out though as I can still see it under the Contact Management GUI successfully subscribed to Lists. Making GET Contact calls for email1@example.com after this point always returns a Contact with a status of OPTOUT.

I noticed that this issue or a similar issue is listed under the "Closed Issues" page labeled as Fixed.

WS5711Updating a contact's email address multiple times, and then changing it back to the original address using PUT Contact causes the contact status to change to OPTOUTFixed

I'm wondering if this is the same issue and why it's occurring for me.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Updating a Contact's email address then changing it back to original sets status to OPTOUT

Hello,

Thank you for your report of this issue! The symptom definitely seems to be the same as before, and I've also been able to reproduce it as well. I've already written up the details and will be working with the development team on our side to investigate further and see what we can do!

If you have any questions or concerns about this, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer