Updating a list with email addresses

Regular Participant

Updating a list with email addresses

Is there a limit to the number of email addresses we can upload to a list through the API?

When we upload email addresses to a list it take a while for the new email addresses to show in our CT account, is this normal? The number shown is correct but the new email addresses don't show unless we logout and log back in.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3

Correct me if I understand this wrong, you are looking in our UI at the members of a list, upload a new set of contacts to that list through the API, refresh the page in the UI.  When doing this flow, you're seeing a delay in the UI reflecting the uploaded contacts.  If I understand this correctly, this is unfortunately a known caching issue with our UI.  We have a defect open to resolve this but it has not been a priority to get this fixed so far.  Will contribute your feedback toward this defect.

If I did not understand the flow correctly, please correct me.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

Dave,

Your are correct. This has been causing us pain with clients thinking their new emails are not getting added through our integration.

Thank you,

Thanks for confirming.  I've updated our defect with your information.  We do have plans to upgrade a lot of the underlying architecture around this starting in Jan. and I've made the caching issues a key requirement.  Unfortunately I don't see this getting resolved sooner than Q1 due to the complexity of the issue on our side.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page