The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Use Constant Contact To Replace our ASP.NET MailMessage code

Highlighted

Use Constant Contact To Replace our ASP.NET MailMessage code

I have a quick question about what you guys can do. We have a web application that sends out email to our users, generated not by us, but by the users themselves. These are not campaigns, simply an email messaging system. Of course when we send out using the ASP.NET native MailMessage/SmtpClient libraries, 50% of our emails get stuck in the spam folders of our users. We can ask them to add us to safe senders lists etc but most are not computer savvy and since the first email they get is an invite from another user, most don't get to see it.

Can we create the email in our system and send it out using yours? Thereby harnessing all your skills in safe emails and junk filters but not having our emails in your system as lists or having to use a campaign (although we would like to use that too down the road for promotions).

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to describe our situation fully.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Use Constant Contact To Replace our ASP.NET MailMessage code

What you're talking about sounds like a transactional email, I.E. a one off generated email that is based on some sort of event and sent real time to a single recipient instead of a list.  Currently we don't provide a transactional service.  We are looking into doing this and, if you're interested, would like to get some feedback on our implementation.  If so, PM your contact information to me and I'll connect you with the team developing this solution.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured