We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Using Constant Contact as Order Confirmation

SOLVED
Go to solution
BillM012
Participant

Using Constant Contact as Order Confirmation

I apologize up front if this question has already been answered, but I could not find it in the discussions.  I am not in the technical department, but gathering some information for them.

We own a wide variety of flower websites. We recently started using Constant Contact to manage our email sign-ups and it has been working great. We would like to minimize the amount of emails customers get from us, so we want to know if there is a way to integrate Constant Contact with our website in order to deploy order confirmations (complete with confirmation number) to the customer -- so rather than having them receive 2 separate emails (Order Confirmation from us + Thank You auto-respond from C.C.) we could have that as one email (Order confirmation and Thank You in one from C.C.).

I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for your help.

Matthew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ryan_D
Employee

Hey,

What you are trying to do is called a transactional email, which is not allowed with constant contact.  The reasoning why is our system is designed to do one email to a lot of contacts at one time.  What you are trying to do would be one email to one person after a specific event.  We do not allow this as it will require you to create a campaign and list for every event and create some issues with in the account.  

I hope this helps.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ryan_D
Employee

Hey,

What you are trying to do is called a transactional email, which is not allowed with constant contact.  The reasoning why is our system is designed to do one email to a lot of contacts at one time.  What you are trying to do would be one email to one person after a specific event.  We do not allow this as it will require you to create a campaign and list for every event and create some issues with in the account.  

I hope this helps.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer

View solution in original post

Ryan, thanks for your help. It's a great system either way.

Matthew

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page