The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Using Constant Contact as Order Confirmation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

Using Constant Contact as Order Confirmation

I apologize up front if this question has already been answered, but I could not find it in the discussions.  I am not in the technical department, but gathering some information for them.

We own a wide variety of flower websites. We recently started using Constant Contact to manage our email sign-ups and it has been working great. We would like to minimize the amount of emails customers get from us, so we want to know if there is a way to integrate Constant Contact with our website in order to deploy order confirmations (complete with confirmation number) to the customer -- so rather than having them receive 2 separate emails (Order Confirmation from us + Thank You auto-respond from C.C.) we could have that as one email (Order confirmation and Thank You in one from C.C.).

I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for your help.

Matthew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Using Constant Contact as Order Confirmation

Hey,

What you are trying to do is called a transactional email, which is not allowed with constant contact.  The reasoning why is our system is designed to do one email to a lot of contacts at one time.  What you are trying to do would be one email to one person after a specific event.  We do not allow this as it will require you to create a campaign and list for every event and create some issues with in the account.  

I hope this helps.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Employee

Hey,

What you are trying to do is called a transactional email, which is not allowed with constant contact.  The reasoning why is our system is designed to do one email to a lot of contacts at one time.  What you are trying to do would be one email to one person after a specific event.  We do not allow this as it will require you to create a campaign and list for every event and create some issues with in the account.  

I hope this helps.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

Ryan, thanks for your help. It's a great system either way.

Matthew

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured