cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using HTTPS

SOLVED
Regular Visitor

Re: Using HTTPS

I'm going to add my voice to the people who want a secure option in the Join My Mailing List feature.

The jump in skillset required from this feature to "use our API" is pretty large for most folks.

With Google now starting do page rankings based on ssl I say it is time to push forward with this. Our only other option right now is to use the api which is not preferred for us.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for your feedback on this limitation.

I have been working with our product team that owns our signup forms and we are currently looking into what it will take us to improve the experience with our signup forms. These improvements are currently planned to include support for HTTPS, which should make it much easier to get your forms up and running. We do not yet currently have a time set for when this will be available, but we will have formal messaging about this when we get closer to releasing the upgrades.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Regular Visitor

I see that the last update on this from CC was about 4 months ago.  Is there any new news? Has there been any progress in the 3 years since this question was first raised?

Great time to check for an update.  We are in the final stages of developing a huge upgrade to our signup form tools.  This includes embeddable forms powered by JavaScript and are fully HTTPS for security purposes.  While Constant Contact policy is not to share exact release dates, I can share that this is coming out very soon to our entire customer base.  We are also working on some resources for developers and web designers so that they can use this new signup form to build and design amazing custom signup form solutions.  We'll be posting this on our API Documentation site as soon as this is released publicly.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

Anything on this? How do we use HTTPS on a simple signup form?

Highlighted

We released this functionality a few months back.  We have a guide for developers and web designers on how they can use our new signup tools to create custom signup forms and also how to use this with most common form building tools and plugins.  You can find this guide here: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/signup-forms-tools/custom-signup-forms.html

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Regular Visitor

Can confirm that the new Sign-Up Form is secure.

Contacts > Sign Up Tools

New form submits securely (https://visitor2.constantcontact.com/api/signup), and Chrome no longer warns me about the page having non-secure elements.