Using same email across multiple recipients?

Regular Participant

Using same email across multiple recipients?

I'm sorry if this question has been answered but I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm looking to send the same email to different recipients as and when they register in my app. I would like to use a template with dynamic variables and just change the variables with the relevant subscriber information. All other content remains the same. Is this possible via API? Do I have to create an email for every subscriber i need to send it to? I'm looking at a large number of subscribers 100K+ and it would not be practical to create an email for each one of them. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

regards

4 REPLIES 4

Currently we don't have any indefinitely resendable email outside of the Welcome email, which can be customized to support dynamic content and can be triggered through the API.  This could be a good option for you since you're using a registration email, which is what the Welcome letter is intended to be. You can customize it in your account under Contacts -> Sign-Up Tools -> Customize Welcome Letter and you can trigger it to be sent using the API by setting the action_by to ACTION_BY_CONTACT.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

Hi Dave -

Thanks for the response. The Welcome was just one of the responses. The intention is to have several of these templates so we can reach the customer periodically, at timed or triggered events, so we can be in 'Constant Contact' and maintain the dialogue. So, to elaborate, we would like to send another 'canned' email 2 weeks after registration and another one 2 months after registration to the same customer. If I have to create one email / customer / event, I am literally talking about a magnitude of 10 ^6 emails potentially. That would just not be practical. Any guidance for the same? Any chance of getting a call with technical support on your side?

thanks

I completely agree, it is impractical and not scalable.  Let me send you a private message, we are working on a new feature of our product to handle just this type of transactional email scenario.  Would like to get your feedback and see if you'd be interested in getting early access to it. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact

Thanks. You can get me at {redacted for privacy}

Appreciate it

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page