aahardwoods

Visitor Sign-Up Form - can it be skipped or put into a small pop-up window?

My client does not want the visitor sign-up form page at all.

He wants them to enter their email address into the box, click GO, and that's it.

If we must have the visitor sign-up form page, can it be in the form of a small pop-up window?

Thank you!
CTCT Employee
CC_TomM

re: Visitor Signup Form

The Site Visitor Signup itself has a fixed flow which includes the page you mention. However, if you have some development experience you can use the APIs documented on this web site, and specifically the Contacts Collection resource to create a contact in any way you see fit. You will need to create your own input form and implement your own server side script. It is worth mentioning that some of the characteristics of the 'fixed flow' in the Site Visitor Signup, such as asking the user to enter their email address twice, are good practices to consider in creating your own flow.

Thanks,
Tom M
Group Product Manager – Content Editing
Constant Contact
aahardwoods

Pop Up Window

Tom, thank you for the quick response.

The problem is, I don't really understand it. I'm a web designer, but not a programmer. If someone gives me some code and tells me where to put it, I can do that, but writing my own code is beyond my capabilities.

I'm wondering if there is some way to add something like

onClick="return popup(this, 'email')"

to open that Visitor Sign Up page (which in this case is just a confirmation) in a small pop up window?

That's how I did it on another website for a different email newsletter service provider.

That would make my boss very very happy!

Thanks again!