cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

WARNING: DUPLICATE EMAILS NOW ACCEPTED THROUGH APIs

Re: WARNING: DUPLICATE EMAILS NOW ACCEPTED THROUGH APIs

We have been working with the development team and product manager for our Contacts product over the past few weeks to get this resolved.  The issue is complicated to solve without causing more damage than we are fixing.  The last thing we want to do at this point is make a bad situation worse. 

That said, the team is hopeful that we will have a fix for this and correct the data in mid-January.  We were hoping to have something complete on this prior to the holidays, but that does not appear likely at this point in time. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Tags (1)
Valued Developer

Thanks Dave, and some of our Austrailia SyncApps subscribers (Parking & Traffic Consultants is one of the accounts) seem to be experiencing this too with duplicate contacts as well using Zoho CRM to Constant Contact.

Let us know if our Constant Contact Large Test account can be upgraded to the new CRM so our SyncApps team can test out how to overcome this as we migrate SyncApps to new V2 API then test it with new Constant Contact CRM?

Happy New Year from all of us @cazoomi:)

~Clint
@cazoomi
Tags (1)

Hey Clint,

If you could email me the username, I can check with our migration team to see if we can get it in one of our upcoming waves.  The decisions on when to migrate accounts are handled by them but will explain the situation.  Will respond via email if we can schedule the account to be migrated and, if so, what the date of the migration will be.

Dave Berard
Tags (1)
Valued Developer

Thanks Dave and in the mail now:)

~Clint
@cazoomi

Thanks Clint, sent you a response yesterday. 

Dave Berard
Valued Developer

I don't feel like you've been adequately keeping us in the loop about what's going on with the development of a fix for this issue. My account still has over 20,000 contacts in the system, and now it seems that you've done nothing to notify billing of the situation. My account has been being billed incorrectly for the last three months due to the duplicate emails in my contact list. 

I expect that this will be corrected. Please respond with the status of the removal of these contacts and how and when you'll be adjusting the balance on our accounts. 

Valued Developer

Anyone? 

Sorry for the delay in updating on progress.  At this time, our DBA team is still investigating how we can resolve the issues effectively for impacted customers without causing system outages or performance impact to our customer base.  I do not have any ETA on the resolution.

I have worked with our billing team to explain the situation to them and have them resolve the billing issues for your account.  They may have already reached out to you by now to explain what their resolution is.  If not, I will check on the status of that today.

Dave Berard
Valued Developer

I have not been contacted by your billing department nor have any adjustments been made to my account.

Thanks for updating me, I'll be walking over to talk to them this morning.

Dave Berard