cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: date()

Occasional Visitor

Warning: date()

Any idea of why I keep getting this error? the form was working perfectly at one point and I didn't make any changes after that.

"Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/berkleydev/html/CCSFG_0.0.6/cc_class.php on line 415"

thanks,

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Warning: date()

Hello,

This is a change in PHP5.3.0 that requires a date.timezone entry in your php.ini file in order to not give that warning.  If you edit your php.ini file and add something like this: date.timezone = "America/New_York"  it should solve the problem.  Here is a list of supported timezones in PHP.

If you do not have access to the php.ini file, or do not have the ability to change the settings, it is also possible to have this warning removed by inserting the line: date_default_timezone_set('America/New_York'); into the top of the php file that is giving this warning.  The more correct way, however, would be to change it in the php.ini file.

If you have any questions about this please let me know!

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact