Between 8:00 - 9:00 am ET on 10/25 we need to take our site down to make updates. We recommend logging out before 8:00am ET and not using your account during this time. Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

Welcome email issue

Participant

Welcome email issue

Hi Support,

I need assistance regarding signup email.Here are the steps i am into:

• I already have subscribers from my old site.
  • I have created a new site and want to send welcome mail to the old subscriber when they signup in the new website[wordpress].
  • I have created a new list and in sign up tool selected the particular list.
  • I have also made the particular list enabled in my wordpress plugin[Constant contact] but still i am not getting the welcome email for old subscriber.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

In this case, the issue that you are experiencing is a limitation of how the Constant Contact system handles contacts. In the Constant Contact system for managing your subscribers, we will only send a welcome email when a new contact is added to the list. In the case of a contact that is already subscribed, we will instead send them a Change of Interest email notifying them of the changes made to their subscription.

The only work-around for this is to delete/remove the contacts from your Constant Contact account so that they would be re-added as new contacts. However, this is not an ideal solution as that contact would lose their subscription to any other lists as well as any tracking/reporting history.

If you do have any follow-up questions, please reply to this thread and I will be happy to help!

Best Regards,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page