cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET.
Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

Welcome email issue

All Star

Welcome email issue

Hi Support,

I need assistance regarding signup email.Here are the steps i am into:

• I already have subscribers from my old site.
  • I have created a new site and want to send welcome mail to the old subscriber when they signup in the new website[wordpress].
  • I have created a new list and in sign up tool selected the particular list.
  • I have also made the particular list enabled in my wordpress plugin[Constant contact] but still i am not getting the welcome email for old subscriber.

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome email issue

Hello,

In this case, the issue that you are experiencing is a limitation of how the Constant Contact system handles contacts. In the Constant Contact system for managing your subscribers, we will only send a welcome email when a new contact is added to the list. In the case of a contact that is already subscribed, we will instead send them a Change of Interest email notifying them of the changes made to their subscription.

The only work-around for this is to delete/remove the contacts from your Constant Contact account so that they would be re-added as new contacts. However, this is not an ideal solution as that contact would lose their subscription to any other lists as well as any tracking/reporting history.

If you do have any follow-up questions, please reply to this thread and I will be happy to help!

Best Regards,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer