The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October 16th, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.

Welcome email issue

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Welcome email issue

Hi Support,

I need assistance regarding signup email.Here are the steps i am into:

• I already have subscribers from my old site.
  • I have created a new site and want to send welcome mail to the old subscriber when they signup in the new website[wordpress].
  • I have created a new list and in sign up tool selected the particular list.
  • I have also made the particular list enabled in my wordpress plugin[Constant contact] but still i am not getting the welcome email for old subscriber.

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome email issue

Hello,

In this case, the issue that you are experiencing is a limitation of how the Constant Contact system handles contacts. In the Constant Contact system for managing your subscribers, we will only send a welcome email when a new contact is added to the list. In the case of a contact that is already subscribed, we will instead send them a Change of Interest email notifying them of the changes made to their subscription.

The only work-around for this is to delete/remove the contacts from your Constant Contact account so that they would be re-added as new contacts. However, this is not an ideal solution as that contact would lose their subscription to any other lists as well as any tracking/reporting history.

If you do have any follow-up questions, please reply to this thread and I will be happy to help!

Best Regards,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured