cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Why is the default 'General interest' email list ID a 10 digit number?

Occasional Participant

Why is the default 'General interest' email list ID a 10 digit number?

I have been creating a list in my HTML form and kept getting errors that '0' or '1' was not a valid email list to subscribe to. Later I find out that a default email list number was a 10 digit number! How can I see the actual ID number associated with each email list in my account settings? This is not very intuitive unless you know a way I can retreive the list in an HTML form when submitting to the addOrUpdateContact.php example in your API. Remember I want to create a simple form in HTML not PHP or anything else.

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Why is the default 'General interest' email list ID a 10 digit number?

Hello,

I want to start by apologizing for the delay in getting back to you on this! With the recent upgrade of our contact management platform, there was a change made that assigns every list a unique identifier, rather than beginning incrementally with an ID of 1. If you have an API key and access token already, you can use them with the "Retireve a collection of ContactLists" method on our I/O Docs page. This will give you all of your lists with their name and unique ID.

If there is anything more that we can do to help, please let us know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer