The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

WordPress and HTML code

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

WordPress and HTML code

O.K. I'm very new with this (and English is not my primary language) and I'm trying to use Constant Contact on my Word Press page.

So here is the deal, I'm already provided with the opt in forum on my page and it collects name and e-mail address but it also requires me to add Optin HTML code

it looks like this:

Would you like to collect email address? Show an optin form?

Yes     No

1. Would you like to upload an image (i.e. eBook cover graphic)?

Yes     No
Upload an image:     Align: 

Current image:

2. Teaser message (HTML ok)

3. Do you want to hide the "Get This First" message on the form?  Yes     No   

4. Optin HTML code

(Paste the HTML code given by aWeber, iContact, ConstantContant, or GetResponse, etc)

now where would I find this optin HTML code?

I did go on contacts-join my mailing list but all got was more optin forms.

Can anyone help?

Best regards,

Matija

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Employee

Re: WordPress and HTML code

I would be more than happy to help you with this. In order to say for sure, I would need to know which plugin you are doing that is providing these questions. However, we do have a sign up form built into your account, and it sounds like this is what your WordPress plugin is asking for. This form is known as the 'Join My Mailing List' (JMML) form, and it can be located in your account by logging in at constantcontact.com, clicking on the "Contact" tab, followed by the "Join My Mailing List" link and the "Start Wizard to generate HTML code' link. This will take you through a wizard allowing you to customize the form, then providing you with the HTML code necessary to add contacts to your account.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know. If this does not work for you, please let me know which WordPress plugin you are using and I will be happy to dig deeper into this. Thanks.

David J

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

O wow that was a quick response – thank you!

Well I'm using this theme for wordpress:

intrepidity 1.5.1 ( http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/intrepidity )

it's very SEO friendly and that's what I need right now since I'm just starting up.

And the blue opt in form at the top right corner is already built in the theme.

I have to go on my theme – 4. Optin/signup form to get the screen I attached in the first post. I really don't know what plug they used (any way to find out?)

I did try to generate a HTML code to function with this but the best I got is on my site now

http://www.powerfulman.net

So I was hoping to get it to look like on the theme page, but function with constant contact.

Thank you for your help,

Matija

Highlighted
Employee

Hi Matija,

I am fairly experienced with Wordpress, and I'm going to take a look at this specific theme and the signup box that it uses. I should hopefully have some more information for you by the end of today. I will certainly update this thread when I've completed that testing.

David J

Highlighted
Employee

This particular theme has a signup box that is really just a theme placeholder. Once you insert Constant Contact code it will replace that placeholder with whatever code you paste into your template. While it is possible to setup a form that looks like the one on in that wordpress template, it would need to be done through custom code. If you have some coding experience this could be done by making your own custom form, and I would be happy to provide some more details on that if this is the route you would like to go.

Another option would be to use the code found on the "Contacts" tab in your account, followed by the "Join My Mailing List" link. You can generate a number of different forms from the Join My Mailing List link in your account, so you may be able to get something very close to how the template appears by default.

Finally, you could choose to use our Constant Contact Signup Form Generator (CCSFG) which will allow you to make your own custom sign up form and use that in its place. An example of what this might look like can be found here.

You can download the CCSFG if this is an option you would like to try.

David J

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi again,

thank you for all your help!

I'm just starting to learn HTML and coding so I decided to generate a form in "Join My Mailing List" (and I'm pretty happy how it looks like) and get back to it when I have more time and when I understand coding a better.

You've been very helpful, thank you!

Best regards,

Matija

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured