cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Would REALLY appreciate an answer about the word processing functions of CC

Would REALLY appreciate an answer about the word processing functions of CC

In short : your word processing program sucks. It's clunky, unwieldy and does not follow even normal standards of what spacing and line breaks should follow. How many times have you hit 'Save' only to see dozens of blank 'ghost' spaces in between paragraphs that then take 15 edits to clear out? How many times have you delivered a newsletter only to find that those spaces still, somehow made it past all your edits and is now being delivered to customers with lopsided formatting?

I hate this product. I use it because our company determined the service, probably based on price. We got what we paid for. I personally find this software to be Of The Devil, when it comes to making a decent BASIC newsletter. I don't see that at all here. It's a shame I'm stuck with you, were I in charge, I would not give you guys another cent until this piece of crap was fixed. So sick of wasting HOURS and HOURS of UNNECESSARY edits in what should be a simple task.

-M-

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Would REALLY appreciate an answer about the word processing functions of CC

Constant Contact has the worst word editing software of any program, website or application I have ever used. Geocities used to have a better word processor. Facebook has a better word processor. When I think of my ex-wife, I think of Constant Contact. When I'm stuck in traffic or on the can, I think of Constant Contact. Nice touch, adding an auto-save.. welcome to 1992! Can you do something about the entire block format suddenly reverting to Times New Roman, 14pt font? Come to think of it, can you just make ANY font stick through more than 2 edits?

If I sound mad, bitter, angry or upset now, you have NO idea the kind of fits Constant Contact makes me throw in real life. It irks me we still pay money to you guys. I have a question for your devs. Do you actually use the product? Have you ever tried using it? Consider it some good advice, when you want to fix bugs in a program, make it a program you actually have some experience using. Don't settle for screenshots and hearsay, use the **bleep** program yourself. Try it for 20 minutes, I promise you it won't even be that long before you find some harrowingly bad feature of Constant Contact.

-M-

CTCT Employee

Re: Would REALLY appreciate an answer about the word processing functions of CC

Hi Daniel,

I apologize for the issues that you are experiencing in regards to our visual editor.  I took a look at your account and noticed that you were using an older version of template and recreated your email for you today.  I also tried to call the number and was unable to leave a message.  I understand that it can be frustrating when things do not work the way they are intended and we are always here for you when things do not.  These particular message boards are for our customers who are developers that use our API.  Please do not hesitate to contact our support at 1-866-289-2101 for any email formatting issue.  If you would like to come up with a time frame for us to talk about how to fix the issues that you are experiencing i would be more than happy to do so. 

We appreciate your business,

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer