The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

XML form for the fields

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

XML form for the fields

Hi,

I have following fields in my form. What should be an XML look like for creating a contact.

Email Address
Parent or Guardian's First Name
Parent or Guardian's Last Name
Phone Number
Street Address
City
State
Zip Code
Child's Legal First Name
Child's Legal Middle Name
Child's Legal Last Name
Child's Nickname
Child's Birth Date
Mail Method
Language Preference
Email Format
Medical Record Number

Can anyone help me? or please give any link which tells about formation of xml for different needs. Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: XML form for the fields

Hey there,

The required XML for creation of a contact can be found here, and for the additional information, you'll want to look at our full list of XML fields, located at the bottom of the page under the title "Contact Data Format". An example of what the XML of these fields would look like is also on this page, under the header "Response Format".

For the fields like "Child's Legal First Name" and "Medical Record Number", you'll need to incorporate the use of Custom Fields. Note that the names of these fields will not change in your XML requests.

It's also important to note that fields like "Email Format" require specific answers (in this case, only HTML or Text will be valid), so it's a good idea to test the functionality of these fields.

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: XML form for the fields

Thank you for the response!! I will look at them and let you know if need any help.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured