The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

XML schema for posting messages from Peoplesoft

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

XML schema for posting messages from Peoplesoft

Hi,

We Just signed a contract with Constant Contact to implement Web services for posting contact information to Constant Contact using peoplesoft.

I searched you web for any documentation related to XML schema for posting messages from peoplesoft and i didn't find anything.

can you please provide me any available documentation/link on how to post info from peoplesoft to constanct Contact.

Any Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Lalith Mudakala

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Employee

Re: XML schema for posting messages from Peoplesoft

Unfortuantely I do not have any documentation on the XML Schema that Peoplesoft would use, but I can certainly provide documentation on the XML Schema that we would require in order to post information to your Constant Contact account. The list of our full documentation how-to guides are located here. However, some specific links that you are likely going to want to look at would be Creating a Contact, Updating a Contact, and Create a Contact list. Each of these links will provide details, as well as example XML of what we would need submitted to us in order to perform any of those operations.

I hope this helps. If you are looking for information on a specific piece of functionality, please let me know and I'd be happy to go into further detail regarding any of those. Thank you.

David J

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Thanks for the response and

Thanks for the response and Information.

Does these message have to be synchronous or Asynchronous?

we could have 25 list's and each list could have thousand's of contacts so do we have to do Asynchronous messaging, if so how do we know if the message was successfully sent to Constant Contact.

if we do the synchronous message, will you be able to pass the response back to in the same message that was sent if so how does the response look.

Thanks

Lalith

Highlighted
Employee

uploading contacts from peoplesoft

Hello Lalith

I am not really clear on what you mean, when you are talking about messages do you mean the emails that will be going out to the contacts, or the messaging that the contacts are being added to our system from Peoplesoft?

The way our API's work is that you would get the contact data from PeopleSoft and then organize it in the XML that was listed above by Dave. You would post this information to us, and it will be added to our systems in usually about 5-10 minutes, but it can take up to an hour depending on the size of the list being added.

Please let me know if this is what you mean, or if you are trying to do something else.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Sorry for the confusion we

Sorry for the confusion

we will be generating XML files in peoplesoft using the XML schema provided by constant contact and will be doing Http Post to Constant contact.

when we post the XML files to constant contact, we want to have a confirmation that the information was uploaded successfully at constant contact

and this can be acheived in a synchronous way.(will you be able to pass the response back to in the same message that was sent if so how does the response look)

if we do Asynchronous, how do we know if the upload/post was successfull.

This is what we have in scope for this project

1. Create a Lists (around 25)

2. Add contacts to List (could be couple of thousand per list)

3. Delete contacts from List

can you please provide me the XML schemas for (creating a list, add/delete contscts from a list) and the URL for HTTP post.

Any Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Lalith

Highlighted
Employee

bulk activity reporting

Hello Lalith,

I understand now. There are two different ways you can upload contacts to your account. If you are uploading contacts in bulk, you would do a bulk upload. You do not need to use XML for this as you just do a POST to the activities URI with the bulk import string. You can find more about that here.

When you do a bulk upload through our API, immediately there is a response sent to you and let you know if the start was successful, and gives you the activity ID. It usually takes about 5-10 minutes to upload. At any time you can check back by running a GET call on the activity ID and see if it has completed and if it was successful.

If you are uploading contacts one at a time, it will immediately send you a respond once you do the post to the Contacts Collection with the proper XML. This will tell you if it was successful or why it was not.

If you have any questions regarding this please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured