Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

addOrUpdateContact code sample not triggering the autoresponder welcome email

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

addOrUpdateContact code sample not triggering the autoresponder welcome email

Just installed the github php sdk 3-0-0 alpha. 

I tried the example 'addOrUpdateContact' and tried to add a contact to a list. Everything seems to be working fine and with no errors. The contact gets added to the list but the problem is;

The autoresponder welcome email that I have had set up for that specific list didn't get sent. 

Although, when I use the default sign up form, created within the constant contact ui, the autoresponder works fine.

I 've checked the contact's information and it says "added by you" which is the source of the problem I suppose. But i don't understand why since the addContacts function's 3rd parameter is set to true;

$returnContact = $cc->contactService->addContact(ACCESS_TOKEN, $contact, true);

I also get the following error which I don't know what it is and how it affects the outcome;

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in \constant_contact\vendor\guzzlehttp\guzzle\src\Handler\CurlFactory.php on line 67

3 REPLIES
Occasional Contributor

Re: addOrUpdateContact code sample not triggering the autoresponder welcome email

FIXED 

This was happening just because I was testing the app on my local machine from

http://localhost/...

I uploaded to the live server and it worked just fine

Occasional Visitor

Re: addOrUpdateContact code sample not triggering the autoresponder welcome email

Hi!

I need a working example to make an HTML form that adds contact to a mailing list. 

Can you please help me?

Thanks!

Francisco

Hi @user7498,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

Have you checked out the sample code that we provide for our libraries? Several of them include sign-up forms. Sample Code

You may also benefit from logging in to your Constant Contact account and using the sign-up forms that we provide there.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!