cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We want to be here for you when you need us! Today, Saturday 01/19, support will be open 10:00 am - 8 pm ET. Check out our help center for all the ways to get in touch with us.

addOrUpdateContact code sample not triggering the autoresponder welcome email

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

addOrUpdateContact code sample not triggering the autoresponder welcome email

Just installed the github php sdk 3-0-0 alpha. 

I tried the example 'addOrUpdateContact' and tried to add a contact to a list. Everything seems to be working fine and with no errors. The contact gets added to the list but the problem is;

The autoresponder welcome email that I have had set up for that specific list didn't get sent. 

Although, when I use the default sign up form, created within the constant contact ui, the autoresponder works fine.

I 've checked the contact's information and it says "added by you" which is the source of the problem I suppose. But i don't understand why since the addContacts function's 3rd parameter is set to true;

$returnContact = $cc->contactService->addContact(ACCESS_TOKEN, $contact, true);

I also get the following error which I don't know what it is and how it affects the outcome;

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in \constant_contact\vendor\guzzlehttp\guzzle\src\Handler\CurlFactory.php on line 67

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: addOrUpdateContact code sample not triggering the autoresponder welcome email

FIXED 

This was happening just because I was testing the app on my local machine from

http://localhost/...

I uploaded to the live server and it worked just fine

Occasional Visitor

Re: addOrUpdateContact code sample not triggering the autoresponder welcome email

Hi!

I need a working example to make an HTML form that adds contact to a mailing list. 

Can you please help me?

Thanks!

Francisco

Hi @user7498,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

Have you checked out the sample code that we provide for our libraries? Several of them include sign-up forms. Sample Code

You may also benefit from logging in to your Constant Contact account and using the sign-up forms that we provide there.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!