cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

client flow in Oauth

Solution Provider

client flow in Oauth

I want to know that how can I authenticate multiple ctct accounts with my api key and secret of mashery account. I created an app but my confusion is the redirect uri. What should be the redirect uri if my app handles multiple ctct accounts. When I keep it http://localhost it shows error of invalid redirect and if I put it same as my url then it works. I am using client flow authorization. Please clear the confusion of redirect uri in client flow as it can be different in app uri and request uri.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: client flow in Oauth

Hi @HimanshuR2,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

The redirect URI needs to match in both your Mashery account and what you write in your application for the redirect_uri parameter. As long as these match then you should not receive any errors for this specific parameter.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Solution Provider

Thankyou for the reply. Is this the same case in client and server flow? In both the redirect uri of mashery account and app should match? If this is so then how can I handle multiple ctct accounts with a single api key and secret? I want to authorize users ctct accounts using my ctct mashery account app. Is this possible?

Hello @HimanshuR2,

Yes it is possible to use the Client Flow for multiple accounts. This is actually what we use for our iOS/Android app. There is a link at the bottom of the Client Flow page to an example of how to set this up. For easier reference here is that link. https://github.com/shannon7wallace/OAuth-2-PHP-Example

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer