cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.roving.RovingServerException: Unexpected ContactServiceFailed

Occasional Advisor

com.roving.RovingServerException: Unexpected ContactServiceFailed

Hi,

Below is the error i am getting from an activity  after  doing bulk add contacts ...Every thing was fine till last week..now suddenly it started giving us Error in the Response what could be the reason...?

com.roving.RovingServerException: Unexpected ContactServiceFailedToRespondException in RestClient.run. User Data:

42 REPLIES 42
Regular Advisor

Re: com.roving.RovingServerException: Unexpected ContactServiceFailed

Hello,

We are aware that some bulk activites are causing that exception and are trying to determine the cause.  Would you PM me the details of the call (API key, payload...) to me or email them to webservices@constantcontact.com.    Sorry for the difficulty.

Andrew B.

API Support, Constant Contact

Valued Developer

Our team is reporting numerous issues of same as well in SyncApps.

message: com.roving.RovingServerException: Unexpected ContactServiceFailedToRespondException in RestClient.run. User Data:

Seems like it is pervasive this week.

~Clint

@cazoomi

~Clint
@cazoomi

Thanks for the reports.  We have multiple developers researching this issue now and have escalated the severity.  We are hopeful to have a fix out soon and will share more information when we get it.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Valued Developer

Thanks Dave and, as always, we know you'll master the code:)

~Clint
@cazoomi
Tags (2)

We have sent emails regarding this problem to support and have not gotten a reply that this is being looked at.

This is one of two threads that hold the same message

<Message>com.roving.RovingServerException: Unexpected ContactServiceFailedToRespondException in RestClient.run. User Data&colon; </Message>

Our clients that are having the problem have been moved to the new web interface. Our login is still using the old interface and does not appear to have this problem using the same data the customer is.

If this problem is specific to customers on the new UI. Is it possible to move them back to the old UI?

Did the emails sent get received?

Has this problem been resolved?

CTCT Employee

Hi JeffC00,

We did release a patch for this and other issues this morning, as well as another patch that should be live by 2:30pm EST.  Please let me know if you are still having this issue.

Thanks,

Mike

-------------------------------------------
Check out our developer portal: http://developer.constantcontact.com
Occasional Advisor

Still happening for me, just got it

{"id":"a07e8jc1w71ho26k7o1","type":"ADD_CONTACTS","status":"ERROR","errors":[{"message":"com.roving.RovingServerException: Unexpected ContactServiceFailedToRespondException in RestClient.run. User Data&colon; ","line_number":0,"email_address":""}],"warnings":[],"start_date":"2013-11-16T01:33:31.393Z","finish_date":"2013-11-16T01:34:47.158Z","created_date":"2013-11-16T01:31:58.801Z","error_count":1,"contact_count":163}

Occasional Advisor

For me  still issue exists... Any update on the issue?

Occasional Advisor

Issue still persists  in Bulk add contacts.