The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

font display on recipient's screen

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

font display on recipient's screen

I have received comments from recipients of some of our e-blasts that the fonts are jumbled and not clear. We have been using CC for over 2 years I think, and this is a recent problem. I don't know if it's the same person to whom it's happening. But I told our organization I'd ask you folks if you have thoughts.

I work on and view our emails in Google Chrome on both a MacBook Pro and a Del PC. Both computers are less than 2 years old. And I have never had any issues.

I am asking one of the recipients to whom it happened if she would clear out her cache and browser history and look at it again. But beyond that, I can't fathom what's going on.

And I've used CC emails with these same fonts since the beginning. So I can't explain why suddenly a few people are having trouble viewing the emails.

Any ideas are appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Employee

Re: font display on recipient's screen

Hey Tricia,

Typically the generally we do not support the text formatting issues but I can understand how this could be frustrating.  What is most likely happening is that your email contains some overlapping HTML code.  While many browsers would choose to handle this one way another browser may handle it another.  Browsers and email clients also have very different rendering engines to display your HTML content.  For instance, Microsoft Outlook uses Microsoft Word to display your HTML which renders html very differently than Microsoft Internet Explorer even though they are made by Microsoft.  Going between different companies can cause even more results.  However, we can typically fix the issue if you call into support.

Please let me know if this helps.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: font display on recipient's screen

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for replying. This makes sense. If it happens again, I'll call support and see if we can figure it out.

Once in a while, I do change the font in the template. I look at the html code after I do it, but I'm not an expert designer so I may be missing something in the code.

Cheers,

Tricia

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured