The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

get a bounce report from an email campaign

Highlighted
Participant

get a bounce report from an email campaign

Hi,

Is there a way to get a report (may be in csv) for the all the bounced list from a campaign? Our campaign is scheduled to run every week, so i would need to set up an automated process to get the bounce report the next day after it runs. 

Please let me know if this is possible. 

Thanks.

Sid

The Bladerunner

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi Sid,   Definitely possible

Hi Sid,

Definitely possible to get a list of all the bounces for a single campaign.  We offer all of our Campagn specific data through our RESTful WebService API in XML format.  Basically, the request format would be:

https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/{username}/campaigns/{campaign_id}/events/bounces

This would give you a full list of all the boucnes for the campaign with the ID of campaign_id.  Full list of campaigns and their IDs can be retreived here:

https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/{username}/campaigns

Details on these resources can be found here at our Campaign Documentation and Campaign Events Documentation.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Participant

Thanks Dave

Cool. So, the result that gets returned from const and contact is an xml. Now, all I would have to do is get the data from an xml file and output it the way i want (csv, xls) and so on. Thanks once again. 

The Bladerunner

Highlighted
Participant

Field names in xml file

Hi Dave,

Since our campaign hasn't started yet, I don't have any bounces to check the xml file. But would the field names be the same as what they are in constant contact. Like would the outputted xml file have Email Address, First Name, Last Name, Custom Field 1..the fields that constant and contact provide. Or would they be the different. I would need to program my piece in place so that can be used once our email campaign starts running.

Thanks for all your help. 

The Bladerunner

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Field names in xml file

Field names would remain the same. I can certainly provide you some sample XML but I am a little confused about what it is that you're looking for. Are you looking for a campaign that has bounces, or the specific events page for bounces, or a contact that has shows bounces? There are a few different ways to look for bounces so I'm just trying to clarify so that I can give you the best possible answer.

David J

Highlighted
Participant

a particular campaign with bounces

Hi David,

I am looking for the bounces from a particular email campaign. So, basically we are trying to get the customer information like their email and other fields from constant and contact that have bounced. Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Thanks!! 

The Bladerunner

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured