cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

how can i permanently delete a contact so i never see it again?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

how can i permanently delete a contact so i never see it again?

6 REPLIES 6
CTCT Employee

Re: how can i permanently delete a contact so i never see it again?

Hey Ronald,

Once a contact is entered into your account there will always be some evidence of it.  It will just contain different status's.  For answers to questions such as these you would be best to go through our support channel by phone.  You can reach our support representatives at 1.866.289.2101.

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer
Occasional Contributor

I have several "dummy" emails in CC that have no reason in the world to be in CC at this time.

I used them while I was in the 60 day trial to see if things worked properly.

Isn't that unfair to the $15 per month subscribers?

You limit them to 500 per month while they might have all kinds of stray email addresses that they can't delete?

What about bogus subscribers that key in a bogus email address?

You can never get rid of those?!

There is NO WAY to get rid of the dummy email addresses at all?!

That makes no sense!

CTCT Employee

Hey Ronald,

You can send the users to do not mail and you will not be billed for them on the following month.  

Ryan Davis
Quality Engineer

How do I delete a contact?

Honored Contributor

Hello,

If you are using the Constant Contact UI, you can search for a contact's email address, then click on the checkbox next to their name. Once they are marked, you can choose More Options -> Delete from the menu above the contact(s). It is important to note that this is a soft-delete and that this contact will be brought back if you were to upload a new contact file containing the same email address.

If you are interested in removing contacts through the API, the only option currently available is to place the contacts on the Do-not-mail list. This is a non-reversible action that can be accomplished by sending a DELETE request to the contact URI: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/contacts-api/contacts-resource.html?method=DELETE

If you have any questions, please let us know!

Best Regards,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Occasional Participant

Hi Elijah, Thanks for the response.  
Regards Deepu